Friday, October 2, 2009

Wishlist...Baby Knits

I wish I were more crafty, or at least I wish I had more time to learn how to be more crafty. So when I'm feeling the craft bug I go and check out Etsy and oooh and ahh over all the amazing handmade goodies there. Maybe someday...

Wish List:
  • This adorable hat and bootie set and these sweet lime colored booties from Etsy Seller carameldiezel

I love the idea of knit toys for Lucy and these ones on Etsy have caught my eye:
  • I love this corn husk from Etsy seller Do Little Designs, look at the sweet ladybug! Check out her shop in general, there is so much good stuff!


I do know how to knit (and by "know how" I mean I can knit a basic scarf or blanket...anything in a straight line), and browsing through some of the Etsy patterns available makes me want to start trying something more advanced:

  • I don't know how to crochet, but if I did I would buy these amazingly cute patterns from Etsy Seller Syvler to make for Lucy.
And while I'm at it, I would love to pad around my house in these matching "grown up" crocheted slippers from the same seller. How cute and cozy looking for the fall, right?
  • Maybe I can try and up my knitting skills to be able to knit this sweater for Lucy for the fall from Etsy seller Shescrafty. I wonder if it would still fit her at 16, which would be when I finally have time to finish it...

Or I'd love to try my hand at this vintage knit romper pattern in some incredibly soft yarn, pattern from Etsy seller toomanycraftsupplies

So much wishful buying or wishful crafting. Hopefully someday soon I will be able to pick up the needles and have a go at some of these lovelies!

"Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while, then take up the sock again. "
-Dorothy Day

3 comments:

Monica said...

If you know basic knitting (like a scarf) crocheting is even easier (really!). You should try it. :)

Also, I like the new blog layout.

Leah said...

Wow - I think I have discovered some patterns I want to try too! Except Jack (my son) seems to be too big for the cutest ones. Maybe I can get started on some booties for the next one...

Ms. M said...

Oh my goodness! Those little hats and booties are super cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails