Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Bring on the symptoms!

So all my panic about my doctor wanting me to come in to discuss my bloodwork was totally unnecessary. I'm just a worrier by nature. So sue me!

So my doctor told me that I did indeed ovulate and also that my progesterone levels were great! Yay! I had mentioned that I was so glad because my OPKs and CBEFM didn't detect an O and she commented that "Oh, really? That is surprising because according to your bloodwork you ovulated really strongly!" She was so excited about it. I really, really like her. She had wanted me to come in so she could give me my next Rx for Clomid, in case I need it. She also told me that if I am pregnant then I should call and schedule the ultrasound for 7-8 weeks after my last period. She was so optimistic it made me so happy! Even if it doesn't work out this cycle the brown spotting is gone (obviously a progesterone problem which may explain why we haven't been able to get pregnant) and I really feel like I'm on track now! I'm so optimistic and believe me, it takes a lot for me to be this optimistic. Just ask my husband, when I told him how I was feeling about everything he said jokingly "Who is this optimistic person, where is my pessimistic wife?"

With that being said, since I now know that I O'ed you can fully expect my symptoms to come out in full force. For all I know they could be totally psychosomatic, as they have been for 18 cycles! But I'm not going to lie, my boobs are really sore this time. To make myself not hope too much, I get sore boobs right before AF too. How is that for too much information? Not to mention, as always during the 2ww, I have become a rabid "boob-grabber". Sounds weird, well that is because it is! I randomly press/grab on my boobs to see if they're sore. Seriously, it sounds weird, but ask anyone who has spent any time googling "pregnancy symptoms" or spent any amount of time on The Nest Baby message boards and they'll tell you they do it too. If they say they don't, well, they're lying. I find myself doing it at the oddest times, like sitting in traffic, talking on the phone, and even while cleaning my house.

Apparently I'm 11 or 12 days past ovulation and my LP is usually 15 days so that makes my two weeks wait insanely short this time around. It is so nice! Only a couple more days of reading into every twinge! I'll be testing sometime in the next couple of days only because I happen to have a free test from my OPK box. Part of me wants to test tomorrow, part of me wants to wait until Sunday. I have no idea what I'm going to do. To tell you the truth I'm absolutely terrified of either outcome. Isn't that funny? Wish me luck!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure .It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciouslygive other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear,our presence automatically liberates others."
-Marianne Williamson

8 comments:

E. said...

I hope you realize, I WILL stalk your blog until I see an "I tested" post!

princealexsmomma said...

Congrats and GL! I am not afraid to admit that I do the 'boob thing' too!

Marcy said...

Good luck!!! =)

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I can't wait to hear that you've tested!

-Callie

nickoletta100 said...

Wait til Sunday!!!!

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. I am on cycle 8 and I get the brown spotting too. I feel like there will be hope for me too. Good luck and I can't wait to see a BFP post from you!!

-klmbride05

Anonymous said...

good luck bunnies - I have to say I laughed out loud at your boob grabber comment - I do the same thing :) Glad to know I'm not alone. I hope this is your cycle.

Maria said...

hi i got the link from the nest!

i totally know what your going through i 'm starting clomid next month for late ovulation...

so i wish you thebiggest baby dust!!!!

maria

Related Posts with Thumbnails