Friday, October 19, 2007

Pregnants at the Post Office

To preface this story-- my spotting came back today, right on time at 9 dpo. For the last 7 cycles this has heralded AF imminent arrival. Hope is pretty much dashed at this point so I'm feeling pretty darn sorry for myself.

So I'm at the Post Office standing between these two young women around my age. The one in front turns around and obviously recognizes the women behind me who is with her young son, on a leash (I just had to add that because it always perplexes me why the woman needs to leash up the child like a dog, but I digress...), the conversations went a little something like this:

Woman 1: "Mary? Mary! Hi!!! Look at Henry, he's so big"

Woman 2: " Hillary? Hi!!!! It's been too long. Yes, Henry is almost 2 now... and he's getting a little brother or sister!" (rubs her belly)

Woman 1: "Really! :: squeals :: No way!! Me too!!! This is too funny! When are you due? I'm due in April"

Woman 2: " No way! I'm due in March! How exciting! "

Where am I during all this? Awkwardly sandwiched right in the middle of their conversation thinking "Come ON! Seriously?? Why not me???" I kind of have the feeling that God is mocking me right now, or at least majorly testing me! :: sigh ::

" Th- that that don't kill me. Can only make me stronger. I need you to hurry up now. Cause I can't wait much longer."
-Kanye West "Stronger"

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Honestly, I think those kid harnesses are one of the best inventions in the world. Yes, we all try to teach our child not to run amuck in public, but sometimes the best way to make sure your 2 yr old is by your side the whole time is to get a bit of help. It makes me cringe whenever I see a toddler running 20 feet in front of his/her mother in a crowded place like a mall.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your blog through the knot and I have been reading it over the past two weeks. I can understand how difficult it would be that it seems like the one thing you want so badly seems to come so easily to others and it feels like it is being flaunted in your face. I just want you to know that there is anotherperson here in cyberland cheering you on and hoping that your dreams get fulfilled soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails