Saturday, April 26, 2008

Spot Watch 4/26/2008...

STILL NO SPOTTING!

So with that update out of the way I have a funny story....

Last night when I was opening my prometrium,(to stick them where the sun don't shine), the top flew off and ALL the pills fell into the toilet. The TOILET! ARGH! I quickly scooped them out and attempted to dry them off but when I went to take one this morning I found that they had all fused together in a solid mass. I wrestled one off to take this morning (hey, the toilet water was clean and at this point I'm not going to get squeamish), but figured it would be a better move to just get some more. I don't know how water affects them and I don't want to take any chances.

So since they are "refill" as needed I went to the pharmacy to sheepishly explain why I needed to refill them 5 days before they were due to be refilled. I walk up to the lady, we'll call her Super Smart Pharm Lady, at the pharmacy counter:

Me: "Excuse me, I need to refill my prometrium prescription. I dropped mine in the toilet."

SSPL: "Hmmm, it looks like you don't have a refill."

Me: "Are you sure? I thought they were refill as needed."

SSPL: "Hmmm, no. We'll have to call your doctor. Which means they may not get back to you by Monday."

Me: "Um, ok. I guess I'll just use the ones I have."

SSPl: "The ones that fell in the TOILET?"

Me: "Yeah. What else am I supposed to do? Sheesh lady."

SSPL: :: looks at me like I'm insane::

I walk away from the counter and think, hmm, that's weird. It isn't like I'm taking them orally.

Ten minutes later I get a call from my RE's office, (they're open on Saturdays and Sundays, God bless them!), asking why I'm trying to refill my CLOMID since I'm due for bloodwork on Monday.

::head smack::

Stupid pharmacy lady didn't listen to WHICH prescription I was asking for. No wonder she looked at me like I was totally disgusting, she thought I was talking about taking Clomid pills out of the toilet water and swallowing them! EW!

Rob and I laughed about that for about 10 minutes!

"Life can be wildly tragic at times, and I've had my share. But whatever happens to you, you have to keep a slightly comic attitude. In the final analysis, you have got not to forget to laugh."
-Katherine Houghton Hepburn

9 comments:

Ariella said...

That is funny! Thanks for the laugh.

Little Wonders said...

DH and I laughed so hard!! Hey, being a desperate tttc girl myself, I wouldn't put it passed me to use my Clomid pills if they fell into the toilet :)!!! Best of luck.

Harmony said...

that story is hilarious! pharmacy people sometimes should not be pharmacists!

yea for no spotting!!!! :0)

Anonymous said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!

so excited for you!!!

dude, atleast you flush your toilet often. We do the "if its yellow let it mellow" rule at times. Its a bad rule.....

Kim said...

I know you don't know me, but I have been following your story/blog from the nest.

I just wanted to tell you that I am really pulling for you and hope you get your positive test soon! I will be praying for you!

(Anxiously sitting at the edge of my seat)

Kim

E. said...

I've come to the conclusion that pharmacy people just don't listen.

I went to get a rx filled for Ri and said, "Before you complete it... PLEASE tell me how much it is going to be. I need to know if I can get it cheaper from the mail order pharmacy."

I go back to the counter a few minutes later to ask... they'd filled it and were totally confused as to why I wasn't actually going to pick it up. Idiots.

ck2m said...

Yea for no spotting!!!! Count down to 48hrs till BFP!!!!

s.e. said...

I have heard your toliet could be one of the cleaner places in your house. We always do what we have to do in this IF world! Very funny!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blogs. Your remind me so much of myself only a few short months ago. I hope that you and your husband are the ones high fiving each other this month!! Sending lots of good wishes your way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails