Friday, January 29, 2010

Embarrassing Work Moment of the Week...

...or possibly the year?

So, I work in HR. You know, the place where you're supposed to behave yourself? The place where you're not supposed to say anything inappropriate and be all PC and all that good stuff. The "safe zone"?

An employee came in to see me this morning to discuss his dental coverage. He's a nice guy who often comes in and shares stories about his kids, etc. We got to chatting about movies and I mentioned that I had gone to see the Dear John premier last night.

Employee: " Man, did you get anything to eat from concessions? The prices of that stuff lately is astronomical!"

ME: "I know, right? Coworker L. and I decided that we would get popcorn and candies and then she went and spilled our Reeses Penises..er...penis..er...pieces...err.. ...durrr...umm..all over the floor in the movie theater."

Employee:"..."

And then I died a little on the inside due to the sheer embarrassment of it all.

The end.

HR...NOT where you should go to discuss Reeses Penises.

"Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the god damn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people? "
-Office Space


22 comments:

Stephanie Hartman said...

Oh goodness I would have turned so red Pahahhaah but it is quite funny...

Jen said...

Ha, this made my day. I also work in HR. My Director is a 66 year old male, whom we all feel is like a father figure to us. He's great. He's also inappropriate. I am pregnant, and one day he asked me when my "mommy figure" was going to be making an appearance. Yesterday he told me I was looking rather voluptuous. He also poked my belly. Ahhhh, HR

Jennifer said...

Classic!!!!! That guy was probably way more eembarrassed then you ;-) We all have our moments!

Jen from Blonde Ambition

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

haha and they say only men have 'it' on the brain all the time! :o)

Anonymous said...

Haha. I would be so embarrassed too!

Emily said...

He he he! It could have been worse... he could have walked in on you pumping or overheard you talking about post-baby sex... ;-)

Unknown said...

How was Dear John?? my husband and I have a date night planned to see it the night it comes out!

Rachel said...

I try to just make Penis a regular part of my conversations so times like that I'm not even embarrassed.

Just kidding :)

That is too funny!

Jennifer said...

FUNNY!

ck2m said...

I had a similar moment with Reese Pieces. Back in high school my sisters boyfriend who I had a crush on took me to get a blizzard. I said I wanted a Reese penis blizzard. I got all red in the face and he started laughing. The worst part was when he did the same thing when placing the order telling to the dairy queen worker. She was not amused.

Jess said...

That's hysterical! Thanks for sharing!

Candice said...

Maybe you were combining reese peanut butter cups with reeses pieces.

Sarah H. said...

Oh Beverly, this is great. Haha. I'm sorry, as I know as it was happening it was probbaly awful!! But I think it'll be OK :)

Rebecca said...

LOL...I don't think that's too bad! You recovered well!

The Quarke Family said...

Fantastic! That gave me a good laugh, which I needed this evening. Hope you forget about it over the weekend!

Meg said...

Ha ha ha ha!

Jen said...

Don't worry. My husband once asked for the "reeses penis" icecream. It's apparently a common slip up. Our waitress was a bit flustered.

Carrie Willis said...

Oh to have been a fly on the wall... :) Hahaha!

Smith Files said...

Oh man...I so wish I had been there! Seriously...i'm going to make a trophy for you girl to pass around. This slip is for sure in first place!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious!! Don't worry, we all slip up and say penis once in a while. Or 'sex' when we try to say successful.

Working Mommy said...

I love me some Reese's Penises...I mean, Pieces!!

~WM

Shanny said...

heehee
I think I'm blushing for you lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails