Things that happened in the last year that I totally meant to tell you but I kinda took a little, er, long break:
- Had Z, so you all knew about that, but you don't know all the gory details (and by gory I meant beautiful, amazing, thrilling, incredible, wonderful birth story).
- Everything was wonderful and lovely for a couple weeks and la la la and the BAM! Reflux baby and I thought I was going to lose my every-loving mind for about a month. Seriously.
- I went back to work, early. Reason, a.) money and b.) see above and reference "mind-losing".
- Work turns back into 15 hour days, dislike!
- Find new, shiny, prettier job with less hours.
- Old job loves me so much that I feel bad for them (insert tiny violin for huge multi-million dollar corporation for losing little old me) and I offer to stay on part-time, for like a month or two, to assist in outsourcing my position (and by outsourcing I meant like 15 people are doing half of my job...super!)
- Part-time turns into 9 months of insanity where instead of working part-time I work two full time jobs. This equals 1.) mega $$$ 2.) me almost losing my ever-loving mind, again. Ever try working 16+ hour days, and on the weekends, with a toddler and a (newish) newborn? Don't.
- Then I decide that I don't have enough stress and we put our house on the market because duh! it will take like a year to sell. La la la, we have time.
- Wrong, it takes 2 months and BAM! we have to be out in 20 days the day before Thanksgiving.
- New house will be super easy to find so we'll move in with my mother temporarily while we're looking, wheeee! it will be all lovely and cozy and family-ish and we'll be together for the holidays and my mom watches the girls so we won't even need to drop them off in the morning. Will be SO convenient...for like a month or two. La la la.
- Six months later, we're still at my mom's house and we're at each other's throats because she tends to dole out advice once in awhile, and by once in awhile I mean every second of the day that someone is awake to listen.
- Postpartum anxiety rages, heightened by job(s) and living situation, give in and seek therapy and Zoloft.
- Quit second job, quit Zoloft. Wake up and start to pick up the pieces.
So...that is my life, to date, in a really quick condensed nutshell. Of course I'm going to go into detail on all the points above but...just wanted to let you all know what you're getting into in terms of a life recap over the past year.
Are you ready for this? What have you been up to?
"I can't tell if its killing me, or making me stronger."