Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Hopeful

I'm not going to be a regular multiple post per day kind of gal but...

I couldn't help myself and had to blog this. I've been looking for a new job, one that preferably provides health insurance because the costs of IF diagnosis and treatment are astronomical if you're not covered.

Several weeks ago I applied at a local Women's Clinic (which happens to have the #3 in the nation Fertility Clinic, WOW) for a Communications/Outreach position. It is a part time position but still has health coverage which is fantastic! I could work in Real Estate (in more of an administrative/accounting capacity) and still help my mom, and also have this position that sounds like something in which I could really apply my degree in Communications. It would be the best of both worlds!

I received a phone call today for a phone interview and had called the woman right back to say that I was available anytime, well she called back minutes later and anytime meant right then! I think I did well, although I know I spoke pretty fast because she kind of threw me for a loop. I know I said something stupid when she asked me about why I wanted to work there, something about how I would have loved to be a nurse if I could stand the sight of blood,(oh, yes I actually said that), but I'm pretty sure that was the only stupid thing I said. Hopefully she didn't notice that comment... ugh. But they're calling 5-7 candidates back on Thurs/Fri for in house interviews.

At the moment I'm dissecting my interview, and dwelling on the things I may have said wrong. However, she did say I had a fantastic phone presence, but maybe she said that to everyone...

Now I can focus on this job possibility until I get a call back and maybe won't stress so much about my first IF appointment on Monday.

Think/pray/send good job vibes to me!

"Childhood is what you spend the rest of your life trying to overcome. That's what momma always says. She says that beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that counts the most. Try to remember that when you find yourself at a new beginning. Just give hope a chance to float up. And it will... "
- Hope Floats

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails