Friday, August 10, 2007

:: Sigh ::

Well, I didn't get the job. I'm pretty bummed because in all honestly it couldn't have been more perfect for our situation. Oh well, I have another job interview on Monday. It isn't as perfect but it gets me back in the wine business, which I love.

I'm getting pretty nervous about my appointment on Monday. I know it is better to know rather than to not know, but it is still scary! I am lucky though, my absolutely fabulous best friend Lindsay is going to come with me. I am so thankful for her support throughout this whole ordeal, she lets me vent whenever I need to and is always, ALWAYS there to listen. In all honesty I have no idea what I'd do without her!

Very few people know about our TTC, and I haven't even told my mother. She has so much on her plate right now that I just can't tell her. I know she would be FURIOUS with me if she found out that I was going to doctor's appointments and through all this stuff without her, but she just doesn't need the added stress. Not to mention she has habit of telling my what I should do, especially in medical situations and I really feel like this is something I need to make decisions on with Rob and no one else. Sorry Mom!

We're going camping this weekend, which presents a small problem... my CBEFM. For all of you that are not familiar with the lingo, CBEFM is a Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor. It is basically a very expensive way of making sure you do the deed during the right time of the month. From cycle day 7 to cycle day 16 I pee on these lovely little sticks every morning and it gives me a low, high or peak reading. I'm currently on a high... waiting for my peak. If you miss out on these darn sticks you might not get a proper reading, so I'm going to have to take this with me when I go to the campsite bathroom. Fantastic!

Speaking of the CBEFM I have a surefire was to make a million dollars. See these things run a girl about $100+ the sticks (which come with a 3 month supply) are about $60. So that is a nice little moneymaker for Clear Blue Easy right there, right?

After many months on the Babies on the Brain board (or BOTB, we're all about acronyms here) on The Nest I have come up with a fantastic idea! Some girls, who shall remain nameless to protect the not-so-innocent, are what I like to refer to as "Serial Stick Pee-ers". Hand them a stick that will tell them anything TTC or pregnancy related and they will pee on it. If I told them that by peeing on a rock at midnight by the full moon would tell them they are pregnant, well, let's just say I wouldn't be touching any rocks the next day. And don't get me wrong, I am among these SSPs... not to the extent of some girls, but I've had plenty of moments.

But I digress, back to the big bucks. What needs to be made is an obscenely expensive little piece of equipment that is exactly like the CBEFM and detects the hormone associated with ovulation; however, I'm going to take this little genius invention one step further, after ovulation there with a 10 day wait and THEN... drum roll please... you start with a different set of test sticks that detect the pregnancy hormone. No more buying HPTs by the dozen every month, this invention would be a twoofer, detects O and gives you a BFP/BFN (big fat positive/negative). It is sheer genius. I can tell you right now that I along with every other girl who is TTC on The Nest would run to the stores in droves for this. It would be like Tickle Me Elmo at Christmastime, the running of the brides at Filene's Basement, the new shipment of designer denim at Nordstrom Rack... I repeat SHEER GENIUS.

Well, this has become an obscenely long and rambling blog. I'm off to camping this weekend, hopefully one of the younger cousins doesn't get a hold of my CBEFM and thinks it is some sort of electronic game, now that would be fun for the whole family!

Wish me luck on Monday!!!

"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind. "
- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy

2 comments:

BzzBeeLife said...

Love it. And I love Nordstrom Rack. It's a good idea Beaverly.

Wendy said...

Awesome idea - you'd definitely make a mint!

Hope everything goes well for you on Monday. I haven't been at this as long as you, but I know what a crazy, anxiety-provoking experience it is.

Good luck with the job hunt

Related Posts with Thumbnails